New Trees in East Hollywood (Ongoing Project) In partnership with LABT and LASAN (Los Angeles Beautification Team), Councilmember O’Farrell’s office is looking to install new trees in East Hollywood. Funding for this project includes curb cuts and three years of watering maintenance. The proposed locations would need to be assessed for feasibility. The proposed locations are:
- Normandie Avenue from Clinton Street to Santa Monica Blvd.
- Burns Ave from Virgil Avenue to Hoover Street
- Willow Brook Ave from Virgil Avenue to Hoover Street
- Lockwood Ave from Virgil Avenue to Hoover Street
- Monroe Ave from Virgil Avenue to Hoover Street
- Marathon Ave from Virgil Avenue to Hoover Street
- Heliotrope from Willow Brook Ave to Lexington Ave (Additional location)
- New Hampshire Ave at Santa Monica Blvd (Additional location)
UPDATE: LABT and LASAN have confirmed that new trees can be planted at all of the above locations. CD13 is in the process of identifying funding for these improvements. A timeline for installation is contingent on funding.
Get updates on more Council District 13 News: January February East Hollywood Field Report