We connect neighbors to neighbors, the Los Angeles Police Department, and City government. The purpose of the East Hollywood Neighborhood Council is:
1. To contribute to the improvement of the quality of life in the East Hollywood community;
2. To encourage dialog, interaction and cooperation among East Hollywood’s diverse ethnic groups;
3. To promote public participation in City governance and decision making processes so that government is more responsive to local needs and requests;
4. To facilitate the delivery of City services and City government responses to East Hollywood’s problems and requests for assistance;
5. To foster a sense of community for all people to express ideas and opinions about their neighborhood and government;
6. To develop relationships with other communities and neighborhood councils on common issues.
We do these in a variety of ways, from providing forums to speak to your local police officer, to drafting letters to the city government, to supporting projects in the neighborhood, to organizing all-community events. This is a forum to get neighborhood support for the projects you want to see done, to find resolutions to issues, and to dialog with other neighbors, neighborhoods, the City government.