Special Governing Board Meeting — June 15, 2020
June 15, 2020 @ 7:05 pm – 10:00 pm
VIEWING MEETING – The public may join the meeting by  Going to www.easthollywood.net and joining via Zoom (Meeting ID:957 4741 2179)  Calling (669) 900-6833 (Meeting ID 951 6803 5395).
PUBLIC COMMENT – Members of the public may submit public comment for any agenda item or on matters not appearing on this Agenda within the Council’s jurisdiction either prior to the meeting or during the period allotted for public comment. Public comment may be submitted by  by clicking the ‘raise hand’ button via Zoom during the period allotted for public comment, or  by dialing *9 (if joining the meeting via telephone) to ‘raise hand’ during the period allotted for public comment.
Public comment for agenda items is limited to 1 minute, with a cumulative total of 3 minutes for multiple agenda items. General public comment shall be limited to a cumulative total of 1 minute.
Public comments on agenda items will be heard when the item is considered. Public comments on other matters within the council’s jurisdiction may be made during the Public Comment period. Public comments are limited to two minutes per speaker. Action may be taken on any agenda item except Public Comment, announcements and reports. Actions may be reconsidered only if a motion for reconsideration is adopted at the same meeting where the action was taken. You may request a copy of printed materials that are distributed at the meeting. You may record the meeting by audio, video or photographic means as long as it is not disruptive. Meeting notices and agendas are posted at various locations (see list below). If you need translation, or accommodation for a disability, please call the city Department of Neighborhood Empowerment at least three business days in advance (213- 978–1151, or toll-free 3-1-1). The city is a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you believe the council is not following the law or its own rules you may file a grievance in writing with copies to both the Chair and the Secretary. Please be respectful of others, even when you differ with them.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Call to Order
- Opening Remarks/Welcome Address Arasele Torrez, President
- Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items (Please limit to two minutes per speaker.)
- Community Reports
- LAPD Report
- Neighborhood Prosecutor (Andrew Said)
- Budget Advocate Report
- CD13 Report, Office of Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell
- City of LA Report, Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Assembly District 43 Report, Office of Assemblymember Laura Friedman, Seamus Garrity
- LA County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, Erin Seinfeld
- Community Voices
- Thai CDC Update
- East Hollywood BID (Jeff Zarrinnam)
- Route 66 BID (Jeff Zarrinnam)
- Hollywood / Western BID (Jeff Zarrinnam)
- Hollywood 4wrd east hub
- Hollywood Chamber of Commerce (Jeff Zarrinnam)
Break (Meet & Greet)
- Meeting of EHNC Governing Board – Public is welcome and encouraged to stay
- Committee Reports
- Planning & Entitlement
- Arts & Culture
- Community Health
- Youth & Education
- Budget & Finance
- Business & Econ. Development
- Public Safety
- Design & Beautification
- Ad Hoc Homeless
- Budget Update (Rogelio Pardo, Treasurer)
- May 2020 MER
- Action Items
- Presentation: Census 2020 Initiative.
- Discussion & possible action: regarding signing a CIS in reaction to LA City Budget.
- Discussion & possible action: on releasing EHNC community survey re: Slow Streets.
- Discussion & possible action: regarding EHNC board & community members volunteering to serve as “block captains” for Slow Streets
- Discussion & possible action: regarding assigning additional representatives for participation in the Neighborhood Council Sustainability Alliance.
- Discussion & possible action: regarding starting a Transportation/Greening/Sustainability committee
- Discussion & possible action: regarding assigning additional representatives for participation in the Budget Advocates.
- Discussion & Possible action: for 2020/2021 Fiscal Year Administrative Packet.
- Discussion & possible action: approval of NPG for up to $5,000 to facilitate the response to food requests received by Immigrants Charitable Foundation to support communities in need, particularly during ongoing pandemic.
- Discussion & Possible action: approval of produce boxes for up to $5000 to support the community in need and to alleviate Covid-19 pandemic efforts.
- Discussion & possible action: approval of NPG for up to $4,000 to support All Kids Bike (AKB) Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Pilot Program.
- Introduction of candidates for open board seats:
- District 5
- Youth Representative
- Student Representative
- Faith-Based Representative
- Homelessness & Displacement Services Representative
- Committee Reports
- New / Old Business
Council Process: Everyone who lives, works, owns property, attends school, is a member of a faith organization or works in a non-profit organization that provides services within the boundaries of the East Hollywood Neighborhood Council is a “stakeholder.” All stakeholders are members of the Council. Stakeholders elect a Governing Board to represent them. This Board is recognized as the decision-making entity by the City of Los Angeles and was elected on October 30, 2007. While the Board is an official decision-making entity, meetings are conducted as much as possible in a town hall format. Committees are open to anyone with an interest in East Hollywood. The East Hollywood Neighborhood Council depends on the active public participation of its diverse, dynamic and unique community for its success. Posting Sites: Meeting notices and agendas are posted at the following locations within East Hollywood (three days in advance for regular meetings and one day in advance for special meetings). The official posting is at The Hollywood Hotel, 1160 N. Vermont Avenue and on our website at www.easthollywood.net. The agenda may also be posted at: (1) Armen Realty, 5111 W. Santa Monica Boulevard (2) Stakeholder Residence, 772 N. Kenmore (3) Against The Stream, 4300 W. Melrose.