Governing Board Meeting — March 2021
March 15, 2021 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Via ZOOM https://zoom.us/j/92805658816
Via Phone: (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID: 928 0565 8816
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
- Community Report (5 min per item)
- LAPD Report
- Neighborhood Prosecutor
- Budget Advocate Report
- CD 13 Report, Office of Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell, George Hakopiants
- City of LA Report, Office of Mayor Eric Garcett, Angie Aramayo
- CA Assembly District 43 Report, Assemblymember Laura Friedman, Seamus Garrity
- LA County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, Erin Seinfeld
- Community Voices (2 min per item)
- Thai CDC Update
- East Hollywood Bid (Jeff Zarrinnam)
- Route 66 BID (Jeff Zarrinnam)
- Hollywood / Western BID (Jeff Zarrinam)
- Hollywood Chamber of Commerce (Jeff Zarrinnam)
- Committee Reports (1 min per item)
- Arts & Culture (Campbell)- Mtg 9/8/20
- Budget & Finance (Pardo)
- Business (Zarrinnam)
- By Law, Ethics & Standing Rules
- Executive Committee (Suarez)
- Homelessness & Displacement Prevent (Suarez)
- Outreach (Suarez)
- Planning & Land Use Management (Suzmeyan)
- Public Health, Safety & Sustainability (Suzmeyan)
- Youth & Education (Altobar)
- Budget Update
- July 2020 MER (Pardo)
- Budget Advocate Report (Jack Humphry’s)
- Action Items
- Consent Agenda Item:
- Motion: Approve EHNC continued partnership with SLNC & LFNC on next event in Small Revolutions podcast series: The Los Angeles River – The Intersection of Homelessness & The Environment on April 22 at 7pm (Schultz).
- Motion: Approve CIS in support of CF 21-0064 Food Accessories Opt-In Requirements for Restaurants and Third-Party App Based Delivery Platforms (Schultz).
- Motion: Addition of a landing page on EHNC website for archive of previous event recordings and resources, including Small Revolutions Series and the Making Our Neighborhood series (Schultz).
- Motion: Approve letter to Assembly Member Friedman in support of AB-71 – Bring California Home Act (Maloney).
- Discussion and Possible action: regarding Neighborhood Purpose Grant submitted by Hope Center requesting $500 to fund meal supplies for the needy (Pardo).
- Discussion and Possible action: regarding call for volunteers for Slow Streets in East Hollywood (Schultz).
- Discussion and Possible action: regarding implementing land acknowledgement at all EHNC events, meetings, and on the website (Schultz).
- Discussion and Possible action: regarding expectations of existing board members to support transition for new board members (Pardo via Schultz + Poturyan).
- Consent Agenda Item:
- New/Old Business