The application for the Mayor’s Youth Council (MYC) 2020-21 is now available. Please go to https://www.lamayor.org/MYC to access the application and recommendation form.
The MYC is a virtual academic year program for Los Angeles high school students to promote civic engagement and inspire the next generation of civic leaders. The Youth Council empowers members to advocate for causes relevant to Angeleno youth by giving them a voice in City Hall.
Mayor’s Youth Council Eligibility Requirements
- Students must live in the City of Los Angeles
- Students must currently be enrolled in high school
- Students must complete sections 1 to 6 of the application
- Complete the MYC Application
- Have two recommendation forms submitted on the applicant’s behalf.
Mayor’s Youth Council Participant Expectations
- Students will stay informed on issues affecting youth in their area.
- Students will actively participate during Youth Council meetings.
- Students will engage their communities around current events and citywide policies.
- Students will only be allowed ONE excused absence. Please see program dates below.
The Mayor’s Youth Council will meet every 2nd & 4th Wednesday from October 2020 – May 2021. Dates are subject to change.
Application deadline is Wednesday September 30, 2020